WellGroup Health Partners offers a wide range of testing, treatment and therapies to their patients at multiple locations. This project was an endeavor to study the consolidation of outpatient physician practices in one location and to help the practice move towards NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home certification. The project had five priorities:
- Enhance the patient experience at WellGroup Health Partners.
- Enhance the ability to Practice Integrated Medicine (MSGP) "The WellGroup Model".
- Lower operating costs and create a positive financial impact.
- Maximize the use of resources, both physicians productivity and support staff efficiency.
- Position WellGroup in positive demographics with a more positive market position.
This feasibility study looked at taking an underutilized medical office building and providing the opportunity for practices such as Orthopaedics, Podiatry, Physiatry, Family Practice, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Urology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Colo-Rectal, ENT, Dental, Opthalmology, Allergy, Dermatology, and Psychiatry to come together under one roof. The facility was also considered to house an Outpatient Pharmacy, Lab, and Imaging Center completing the comprehensive patient experience. The facility for the new WellGroup Medical Office Building is connected to the hospital and the Heart and Vascular Institute providing the patient ease of access to all their medical practitioners.
The twelve week study included multiple master planning methodologies:
- Visioning Session
- Interviews with each physician practice group
- Volume data analysis
- Physician practice group schedule evaluation
- Building assessment
The resulting deliverable aimed to maximize the efficiency of the existing facility. The physician practice group schedule evaluation provided data that allowed the master planning team, in conjunction with the practice managers, to optimize the use of shared exam space. The schedules were depicted on the master planning document.
* Projects performed by current staff of W5 DESIGN during employment at previous firms.